|Name of the Program|
Thai : หลักสูตรวิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต สาขาวิชาการเงิน
English : Master of Science Program in Finance
|Name of the Degree|
Thai : วิทยาศาสตรมหาบัณฑิต (การเงิน) : วท.ม. (การเงิน)
English : Master of Science (Finance) : M.S. (Finance)
The Master of Science (Finance) program was established in response to the integration of socio-economic and cultural development in national, regional, and ASEAN community levels. The program aims to prepare individuals and the whole system to be ready for developing context by providing education and knowledge on finance through research process and/or teaching and learning done in classroom and FIC laboratory. In this respect, our students will be enhanced the competency in integrating science of finance with other sciences by self-learning and sharing experiences with students and finance professionals. They are expected to constantly integrate finance with other sciences in the proper social context of a specific country and globalization. The program will also cultivate virtue and academic and professional ethics to the students.
The program of Finance, especially the Modern Finance, regarded as an important science for individual and organizational financial management since it can contribute the utmost economic growth and wealth. Moral and ethical related issues must be inevitably adhered to this science. Recently, the finance program has been widely developed by integrating advanced analytical knowledge on economics, engineering, mathematics, and statistics as well as applying new technologies in the program curriculum.
An emergence of several new bodies of knowledge and practices will better the efficiency in making financial decision, which shall lead to the greater wealth in micro level to individuals and organizations, as well as increase competitive potentials of a certain business in globalization. Then, it will, later, bring along the sustainable development and the utmost wealth in macro level or national level in the future.
The program aims to produce the graduates who posse the following qualifications:
- Have vision with initiative thinking and be able to analyze and solve problem, plan, and determine financial policies for organization properly.
- Be equipped with theories and concept of modern finance in related to financial business, personal wealth management, investment, and international monetary and be able to analyze possible impacts on business, capital market, and financial market by making use of news and information of the global financial market for the sake of effective and efficient business financial management.
- Be equipped with a full set of knowledge according to several standard certifications of financial professionals such as CISA (Certified Investment and Securities Analyst, CFA (Certified Financial Analyst) and CFP (Certified Financial Planner).
- Be able to apply the financial concepts in research and construct a body of knowledge on finance.
- Be able to apply the financial concepts for the better working efficiency.
- Be able to work with others morally and ethically and be responsible to oneself and the society
|Prospective Professions after Graduation|
- Executive in financial institution.
- Financial executive in business organizations
- Financial analyst.
- Financial planner.
- Financial advisor for individual.
- Investment advisor.
- Financial academician.
- Higher education lecturer of state and private universities.
- Any other related professional lines.
The Master of Business Administration is the 2-year graduate program. The period of study is divided into 4 semesters and shall not exceed 4 academic years.
|Plan A (Thesis)||The total credits for the whole program are defined at a minimum of 42 credits: 12 credits of Thesis and a minimum of 30 credits of coursework.|
|Plan B (Independent Study)||
The total credits for the whole program are defined at a minimum of 42 credits : 3 credits of Independent Study and a minimum of 39 credits of coursework. The coursework credits must consist of 27 credits of required courses and 12 credits of elective courses.