Bachelor of Business Administration Program in Service Business Management
Degree and Field of Study
บริหารธุรกิจบัณฑิต (การจัดการธุรกิจบริการ) (บธ.บ. (การจัดการธุรกิจบริการ))
Bachelor of Business Administration (Service Business Management)
(B.B.A. (Service Business Management))
Philosophy and Significance
This program focuses on creating knowledgeable graduates with expertise in service business management in the globalization era, and in accordance with international knowledge guidelines. The course curriculum is designed to support learners with the ability to communicate in multiple languages, namely Thai, English, and Chinese, to properly respond to the changing trends of the service industry as we move into the future. Graduates will be trained to drive and develop both business and society with innovation and technology in the service industry. They will also increase their competitiveness and will be able to sustainably produce a variety of services at an international level. Emphasis will be on gaining actual hands-on skills, coupled with learning from professionals within the service industry and establishing academic cooperation with public and private enterprises at both local and international levels. These approaches train and educate students to be competent and have transnational potential. The focus is on providing students with knowledge in the academic field of service business administration, which includes the use of information technology to apply, analyze, and synthesize data. This is in line with the updated learning processes in response to changes in the 21st century. Furthermore, the program will develop skills for integrative thinking that can be applied in response to business problems or economic crises. The program also includes within each course an emphasis on morality and ethics and encourages students to learn with a positive outlook and creativity. Attendees of this program will be familiarized with cultural differences while absorbing and developing an understanding of Thai culture within and outside the classroom. Moreover, students can select elective courses according to their interests, varying from health business management, managing conferences and exhibitions, transportation and logistics service management, and more. Growth in service business management will support personnel to develop and change along with the industry.
- To have knowledge and competence in service business management—namely, wellness management, MICE management, and logistics management—that can appropriately be adapted to both national and international business organizations.
- To have the knowledge and ability to manage international service business and be able to effectively use language for communication at national and international levels.
- To be able to use information technology to analyze data and synthesize knowledge as well as to be capable of thinking in an integrative way to solve business problems.
- To be a person with good morals, ethics, professional integrity, and social consciousness.
- To be ready to respond and adapt to changes related to service business in both national and global contexts.
Required Credits Throughout the Course
BA 2021 program (127 credits)
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree course
- Thai, English, and Chinese language
Days and Hours of Study
Regular program: Monday – Friday
1. Graduated grade 12 (Matthayom Suksa 6) or equivalent with qualifications in accordance with Chiang Mai University regulations from 2018
Bachelor of Business Administration Program in Service Business Management – revised in 2021
- Owning a service business.
- Working in the hotel, spa, and airline industries.
- Working in a transportation service business.
- Working in a conference and exhibition arrangement business.
- Becoming an academic scholar and a service planner for both public and private sectors as well as multinational companies.